Freemavens uses data to develop growth strategies for some of the world’s best-known brands. A mix of analytics, data science, brand strategy, and big helpings of intuition, empathy, and creativity allows us to help our clients be, do & say more of what people want. Founded in 2013 and acquired by the Be Heard Partnership in 2017, we’re a young and growing company, and we’re truly international! From our office in London we’ve carried out more than 500 projects for Unilever, Chanel, Coca-Cola, Diageo, GSK, Mondelēz International and others in over 50 markets – all without a single translator. Most of our analysts and strategists are bilingual, allowing us to not just understand language from real people, but also the local nuances of culture.
About the role
Just like our other teams, the Freemavens strategy team is growing, and we’re looking for a talented senior strategist to work alongside our Chief Strategy Officer to take it to the next level.
As a Senior Strategist you will be responsible for delivering some of our larger projects and building relationships with senior clients as a trusted advisor in all things product, brand, comms and innovation strategy. You will also be involved in projects of future growth, with an increasing number of new business opportunities working with our sister agencies in the Be Heard Group (across digital media, integrated creative, and digital product design and build).
On a per-project basis, you will have the support of analysts (specialising in the analysis of a variety of data sets), junior strategists/storytellers (tasked with tying together the human story behind the data into a compelling narrative with recommendations) and if needed, data scientists (who bring statistical-thinking and the ability to develop new approaches or capabilities).
All of your experiences as a Senior Strategist at Freemavens will expose you to a variety of commercial challenges and industries. These will ultimately prepare you for the potential transition to a role as Strategy Director as we continue to grow.
Ideally you’ll have the following skills…
- Being naturally curious about people, business, brands, products/services and the world we live in
- Having a strong experience working in brand, product, communications and innovation strategy
- Having an intimate understanding of how businesses work beyond your specialism/ focus and the possibilities and constraints for brand growth today
- Capacity to find real solutions to business problems, rather than trying to fit the same solutions
- Experience with brand positioning and market expansion, e.g. new product, social media strategy or company acquisition
- Ability to think both laterally, and commercially, is therefore essential, as is an affinity for data and a natural flair for distilling complexity, and sharing concepts both visually and verbally
- Attention to detail as it is as important as blue-sky thinking and this is often the difference that leads to unearthing the human truths that lead to a spark of creativity.
You’ll enjoy it here if you...
- Think outside the box
- Want to work with innovative and brave brands
- Thrive in a stimulating and free-thinking environment
- Enjoy learning from and contributing to the development of others; making us all that little bit better today than we were yesterday
- Fruits and breakfast
We offer all our employees free fruit and a selection of breakfast food (on top of the regular teas and coffees that is).
- Friday drinks
Once the week is done, you can enjoy themed Friday treats with some nibbles and drinks on the company. Each week different people take turn coming up with the theme and ordering everything. Every quarter we get everyone to vote for their favourite night and the winners get a prize!
Monthly interactive workshops in the office on different topics in the business. This can range from strategy workshops to data viz workshops. Anything that can help us on our day to day.
- Lunch and Learn
Bi-weekly learning lunches where people get to share their knowledge and learn from others. This does not have to be related to work. In the past, we’ve had lunch and learn on Ayurveda or Gaming.
- Office in the heart of Soho
You can find plenty of amazing bars and restaurants minutes away from the office.