About FreemavensFreemavens uses data to develop growth strategies for some of the world’s best-known brands. A mix of analytics, data science, brand strategy, and big helpings of intuition, empathy, and creativity allows us to help our clients be, do & say more of what people want. Founded in 2013 and acquired by the Be Heard Partnership in 2017, we’re a young and growing company, and we’re truly international! From our office in London we’ve carried out more than 500 projects for Unilever, Chanel, Coca-Cola, Diageo, GSK, Mondelēz International and others in over 50 markets – all without a single translator. Most of our analysts and strategists are bilingual, allowing us to not just understand language from real people, but also the local nuances of culture.
About the Role
As a confident and forward-thinking Account Director, you will be responsible for the oversight and management of large and complex scale projects across our portfolio of global FMCG and global pharmaceutical companies.
You will be expected to knowledgably interface with senior client stakeholders, closely working with clients to understand challenges to their brand(s) or services and directing our strategy team in creating proposals and project delivery. Also, you will be supporting the Freemavens’ directors in response and delivery of client led solutions.
You will have a strong track record within account management/business development at a senior level from either marketing or insights and analytics sector. Ideally you will have previously worked in a global FMCG business and preferably built and developed a team.
You will be an integral part of our success as we try to redefine customer-centricity for brands. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and be resourceful and proactive within a start-up environment.
As an Account Director you will…
- Manage projects, ensuring the quality of delivery is high, and operational KPIs (time, resource, margin) are met.
- Be responsible for delivering work that’s profitable for Freemavens
- Be a thought leader in the business
- Have the responsibility for building and maintaining long-lasting client relationships
- Create the right environment for others to grow and learn
- Challenge and support teams using empathy, creativity & commercial acumen
- Introduce new methods and capabilities, based on specialist knowledge, to supplement Freemavens’ existing service proposition
- Coach and develop our people
- Contribute towards Freemavens and Be Heard strategy
- Develop teams, as well as direct line management of team members
- Achieve agreed profitability targets on each project
- Maintain and grow existing accounts
Ideally you’ll have the following skills…
- A proven client partner with organic business development expertise
- A solid knowledge of how data analysis drives business change
- Experience in unearthing insights & turning them into actionable recommendations
- Experience of building & developing talent
- Extensive business / brand / marketing experience
- Entrepreneurial & creative problem solving experience
- A confident and articulate communicator and presenter
- Experience in maintaining quality standards
- Able to lead conversation in a group environment and to exhibit a sense of welcome
- Experience of motivating and leading a team
- Ability to devise strategy to overcome challenges where no pre-prescribed solution exists
- Knowledge of social and search analytics tools (beneficial not essential)
And it would be beneficial if you are…
- Inclined to think critically and laterally
- A proactive and creative problem solver
- A Leader and coach
- Inquisitive and curious about human and brand behaviour
Alongside these, you’ll likely develop the following skills & experience…
- Be part of our company's growth and development
- Grow skill set within and outside of consulting
- Be part of a wider collective of marketing and technology companies in the Be Heard Group
- Fruits and breakfast
We offer all our employees free fruit and a selection of breakfast food (on top of the regular teas and coffees that is).
- Friday drinks
Once the week is done, you can enjoy themed Friday treats with some nibbles and drinks on the company. Each week different people take turn coming up with the theme and ordering everything. Every quarter we get everyone to vote for their favourite night and the winners get a prize!
Monthly interactive workshops in the office on different topics in the business. This can range from strategy workshops to data viz workshops. Anything that can help us on our day to day.
- Lunch and Learn
Bi-weekly learning lunches where people get to share their knowledge and learn from others. This does not have to be related to work. In the past, we’ve had lunch and learn on Ayurveda or Gaming.
- Office in the heart of Soho
You can find plenty of amazing bars and restaurants minutes away from the office.